How to Claim a Roster Character
- Check roster to see what characters are available.
- See 'info <Name>', 'sheet <name>', and 'bg <name>' for details about a particular roster character.
- If a character has contacts listed, be sure to get in touch with the player(s) named and get their permission before claiming. If there are no contacts, you can claim the character freely.
- If a character has Staff as a contact please put in a 'request Claim: <Name>=Here answer the simple questions of: Why do you want this character? What is your impression of the character? What are your plans for this character?'
- Keep in mind when claiming a roster character that somebody put work into that character. This is especially true of previously played characters. Don't claim a character and then reinvent it. Some growth and evolution is fine, but if there is a significant aspect of the character that you want to change, then it probably isn't the character for you.
- When all of the above is addressed, you can claim the character using: 'roster/claim <name>'
- Go to your new character's wiki page (easily accessible via the link in 'info'). Be sure to remove the "roster" tag from the page.
The roster is a collection of ready-made characters (and a few still in need of completion) available to be claimed and played. Some of these have been played by other players, others were made specifically for the roster.
The icons with a gold border represent finished roster characters, which are free to claim (assuming there are no Contacts listed on the in-game roster). Those with a red border indicate those that are still in character generation. The latter can still be claimed, but will require further development. Speak to staff about claiming an unfinished character.
page revision: 0, last edited: 28 Feb 2017 02:01