Players may create a personal page as an optional place to share about themselves.
Some of our Active Players
Gone, but not Forgotten
We allow the creation of "Player Bits." These are just an OOC "alt" that is used solely for communication on public channels and +mail, rather than swapping between different alts. It allows for players to have a single identity, rather than forcing others to realize that Jim, Bob, and Joe are all actually the same person, just speaking in different "voices" on Public. It also spares everyone the connect/disconnect spam.
If you have multiple characters, and you'd like to create a player bit, do the following steps In Game:
- Create a new character. Name it something that is clearly not a character name.
- Keep in mind that this is a world where some people have names like Draco, Vindictus, Modesty, and Bellatrix — so just having a made-up name or using a word that isn't typically a name may not be enough to distinguish it from a character name.
- Combining two or more words and using camel case (e.g. PirateSpice) is recommended.
- Step into the first Character Creation Room. Follow the directions there.
- +player/setup - This gets some coding set-up on you.
- +fullname <Name> - Whatever real name/persona you're comfortable with sharing.
- +birthday <Age>/<Month> <Day of Month> - Birthday is optional. We just love celebrating people's birthdays! With Brownies awarded in the amount of age.
- +alts/register <Other Alt Name> (see +help alts in game.)
- &timezone me=<Your Timezone>
- Keep it classy! (PG-13) Any inappropriate or vulgar entries face punishment.
- Do NOT submit your background for approval. Just hop back out of character generation, and feel free to linger Offstage or enjoy one of the available game rooms.
- Leave the Chat and Questions channels with all of your character bits (@chan/leave c and @chan/leave q)
- You're done!
Also, please don't create a Player bit if you don't have the time to do all of these steps right away; it only takes a minute or two. Otherwise, all staff sees is an incomplete bit with a weird name, and it will likely be nuked.
Player bits are not allowed outside of the OOC Center, Idle Lounge, or Brownie Exchange. This means the TP Hub is off-limits, and they are not to be used in TP Rooms to spoof characters. We do not want potential new players seeing bits with names like HumptyDumpty in IC areas.
We feel that player pages may help to promote the OOC community we try to encourage here, so feel free to create a personal page. This is entirely optional, but if you care to, go ahead and create a personalized wiki page for you, the player.